Sunday, July 3, 2011

Midday Outing

Every single day that we have been in Silemani, we have gone to the Bazar with someone or another. My parents are out of town for a few days, my sister and brother and I decided not to go because there would be no internet for 4 days, and we wanted to kea in contact with our lives back home. Miraculously, they let us stay. So everyone in the home now is between the ages of 15-23, which naturally means we have a lot of fun together. We have pillow fights, hand wrestling matches, movie viewings, and late night outings every day.

Today my sister, brother, and I went to bazar alone. Whenever we go with people they are always in a rush and we want to see everything up close and take our time. We stopped first at a little lunch joint to get "British" style pizza (served with mayonnaise):

We also ordered burgers, but the burgers had chicken in them as well. Kurds like their meat.



We then went to an electronics store. They had DVD sets of a whole shows with all their seasons for $10, Video games for Xbox, PS2, and Wii for less than $2 each, and tons more. The section I was most enthralled by was the computer programming merchandise. You can buy photoshop, windows 7, the latest anti-viruses for PC's, and tons more I've never heard of, for only $1 each:


We walked around for another few hours buying random things just because they were so cheap, and we ended our day by going to the only place we know which serves frozen cappuccinos. I am not even exaggerating, but these frozen coffee drinks at this shop taste better than anything I've had at Starbucks, Caribou, or anywhere else:

2 comments:

  1. Chicken/ground beef burgers actually taste better than just ground beef, what did you think?I have also heard of some people putting ground turkey in their burger mixture...actually alot of desi's in desi restaraunts are doing this for the kabobs..It adds flavor, texture, moisture and is all around healthier. We should try this for one of our iftars too isA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no this was weird because they mixed a beef hamburger, then chicken shawrma. I didnt care for it much, I didnt feel great that day lol Kurdish Kebobs are AMAZING though, cant get enough! We deff should try it inshallah

    ReplyDelete