Sunday, June 26, 2011

Behind the mountains

The city where I am currently in, and where I was born, is called Silemani, or As-Sulaymaniya. It is surrounded on all sides by tall mountains, a part of the Zagros Mountain chain that runs deep into Iran. I always wondered what was behind these mountains, and how it looked. Today I found out.

We are currently staying at my cousins house, my fathers nephew. He has a wife and 3 kids, his wife is a teacher, and he himself is a taxi driver, like 40% of the male population. His name is Ashna, but we all call him Ashna Shet, which means Crazy Ashna. He gets himself into the worst situations and makes the worse mistakes and acts like the biggest loser, hes basically the entertainment of the family, and everyone loves him for it. He knows every nook and cranny of this country, hes been all over and loves to party. Here is where he took us today, about a 30 minute drive from Silemani:






No comments:

Post a Comment